Thursday, May 5, 2011

a complicated kindness.

I thought to myself: The world can be divided into two types of people. That's where I stopped. Travis had suggested I broaden my horizons and attempt to finish my thoughts. He said I should make a list of ways to improve. Oh that'll help, I thought.

1. Topics chosen for conversations: To be filled in later.
2. Plan of action: Read books by philosophers (The Outsider by Albert Camus).
3. Form opinions about news stories, possibly read world news section.
4. Become really funny.
5. Pin down current definition of existentialism.
6. Career options: School superintendent, city planner, stone breaker, freelance detective, underwater explorer.
7. Personality development: Read Jung, Adler, Freud. Listen to The Jam.
- Miriam Toews

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for reading! leave sweet comments here! i appreciate them so so much!