Wednesday, August 3, 2011

thankful.

i am thankful for the rain, for making everything green again.

i am thankful for days off, spending them in pools with friends. or back-logging blog posts for the next month.

i am thankful for people who have given me opportunities to do photos for them.

i am thankful for the genius playlists that itunes has put together for me all day, that has exposed me to new music even though it's been on there for years.

i am thankful for a well-stocked house, with plenty to eat and drink. even if i'm indecisive and can't choice what to consume (milk and cookies, all day every day!).

i am thankful for my amazing hilarious family, near and far.

i am thankful for dear friends, who speak truth, perspective, and godliness into my life and who show up at my work with starbucks and lots of conversation.

i am thankful for country roads.

i am thankful for my sweet tan! even if no one else really notices except me.

i am thankful for "get real" moments. "get real allie. get real!"

i am thankful for long chats - albeit a bit awkward and immoral - with my favourite customer.

i am thankful for "victory!" and knowing that things will be ok, that they will get better, even when i'm at my lowest.

i am thankful for melatonin. but not right now, coz i'm all out.

i am thankful for education. and will be more thankful when school starts again (love summer but it feels like it's been going on for forever).

i am thankful for excellent examples of adults, spouses, and parents that i am surrounded by. they encourage and inspire and instill wisdom in me.

i am thankful for life lessons learned the hard way.

i am thankful for the love of God and His constant presence in my life, even when i try to ignore Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for reading! leave sweet comments here! i appreciate them so so much!