Monday, January 30, 2012

more music monday: i love You, my Dear.

the new album from bethel music, the loft sessions, is ah-may-zing. and maybe you're sick of me saying that, but this one might just take the cake. i know bethel is so full of Spirit so that makes receiving this album different than others. (i also have a really good looking friend that goes there which also might affect my bias).

this song, written and sung by hunter thompson, fires me up. i am falling more and more in love with my Savior all the time and i love listening to songs that cause me to reflect on who He is and what He's already done for me.

the fun, dance-y sound of this song reminds me that no matter what is going on in my life, i still have a reason to celebrate. it's not about me, but about God who came, and comes, and will come for me. He's coming for His bride. and even in the "valleys" of life, He continues to ravish my heart. (i also think ravish is the greatest word to describe how God acts and how He makes me feel!!)

worship is inclining our hearts to Him, always (as said by reuben morgan) so whether that is worship through work, through community, or through, quite literally, worship music, i want these lyrics (and lyrics like these) to always be the song of my life.

i am Yours and You are mine
i am ravished by the sight
of one glimpse into Your eyes
my lover's coming for His bride

for there is none upon the earth
that i desire before You, lord
for You've been faithful all my days
Your love endures, it will never fade away

i need to say what my soul is singing
i need to say what heart is screaming


that i love You my Dear
i love You my Dear, my Dear

You're everything i ever wanted, everything i ever needed
You're everything i ever wanted, everything i ever needed
You've ravished my heart, You've ravished my heart

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for reading! leave sweet comments here! i appreciate them so so much!