Wednesday, June 13, 2012

worship wednesday: before the throne of God above.


a couple months ago, as we were singing this song at my church, i was completely struck by these lyrics:
Because the sinless Savior died,
My sinful soul is counted free;
For God the just is satisfied
To look on Him and pardon me
To look on Him and pardon me
immediately tears began gather in my eyes as my heart became overwhelmed by the realization of who Jesus is.

it's hard to always talk about it, because sometimes i feel desensitized to exactly what Jesus means to the world. a human sacrifice. the Savior of the world. the Way, the Truth, the Life.

i think what caught me so profoundly in this moment - while singing a song i have sung for years - was that He is satisfied with me because of Jesus' death. He sought a way to make things right between Him and I, and that meant His Beloved Son dying. for me.

even writing this now my eyes well with tears, because these lyrics suggest a picture of a God who is content and at peace with His decision to give up His own son. it's worth it to Him to look on Him and pardon me.

it's not some reluctant decision, some, hesitant "i guess this is just what have to do", but something resolved, and beautiful.

resolved, content, beautiful, worth it.

why? because He loves us. for no other reason than He does. most of the time we give Him no reason to. but He does anyway.

in these sweet moments of epiphany, of a heart overwhelmed by His undeserved love for me, the only response i can give Him is my worship.

but i don't want to only worship Him when i'm reminded, i want to always be worshipping Him - to incline my heart to Him always - because my circumstance or experience doesn't determine or change His feelings towards me, nor should it change my feelings towards Him.

and recognizing this, everyday, all the time, i want to sing back to Him:
Behold Him there, the Risen Lamb
My perfect, spotless righteousness,
The great unchangeable I am,
The King of glory and of grace!

3 comments:

  1. God's love is different than any thing else. He loves us truly unconditionally and despite the fact that none of us every deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully written and beautifully convicting =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "to incline my heart to Him always..." i love that! beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for reading! leave sweet comments here! i appreciate them so so much!