Monday, July 16, 2012

saturday segwun steamboat sail.

ahh. alliteration. my love language.

friday night i came home with a rare, but wide-open schedule. as my parents lay in bed watching the national, their daily routine, i asked them what their plans were for saturday. mom said, "we're thinking of going on a boat trip on the segwun". interested piqued, i asked if i could join them. mom was surprised, but said that would be ok ha. it's not all the time i want to hang with my parents [ya know what i mean!?] but as january slowly approaches i want to be with them as much as possible!

the segwun is the oldest operating steamboat in north america, built in 1887 to cruise the muskoka lakes.

if you haven't heard of muskoka, well, let me educate you on that. it's this beautiful area [district] in north-central ontario, comprising numerous lakes, islands, and towns. it is affectionately called "cottage country" because it is rich, natural, and, as you will see, heavenly - a perfect place for a summer cottage. it was kindly regarded as #1 on national geographic's 10 best summer trips list, among other notable position. best of all, however, is that this place only exists an hour from my home! cha-ching! [of course, this is nothing to boast about in the summer weekend traffic...].

on saturday we got up early and drove to gravenhurst, where the boat runs out of. we couldn't take the original segwun because it was chartered for an event, so we took the sister ship, wenonah II. still great. there was a cute old man commentating the sights. the homes/cottages along the water were spectacular and i have to admit, i'm a convert. i get it now. the should-be-1-hour-but-turns-into-6-with-traffic drive is worth it for days like saturday; for a waterfront cottage with colourful muskoka chairs, water trampolines, and family time.

i'm sold on you muskoka.



















saturday was also my brother's birthday! happy 19th birthday phil!! i love you! don't do anything i wouldn't do! ;)


8 comments:

  1. Looks like so much fun! I love those little weekend day trips =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You & your parents are SO cute! It looks like a fun weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks incredibly picturesque! If I lived that close, I would take adventage as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely alliteration! :) The photos are just gorgeous -it looks like a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I haven't said this before, I love love love your blog design! Great photographs love!!

    <3xojo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing job on the pictures, you told a story here, photojournalism, love that. Your blog is lovely, I think I've mentioned that before;) I think I have a new place to add to my list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much - what a compliment! love your beautiful blogs too! have a sweet day gina!

      Delete

thanks for reading! leave sweet comments here! i appreciate them so so much!