Wednesday, October 17, 2012

the story of the parking ticket.

i'm blogging over at darling companion today. it is such a blessing to be in a blogging community with so many wonderful, talented, God-loving women! find them on facebook, and read the blog here!


It's 7:43 when I open my eyes: 17 minutes until class starts. I quite literally launch out of bed. Wash face. Throw on last night's clothes. Do a little this, a little that with the makeup. Rush downstairs and grab a granola bar; I'll eat breakfast on break.
I'm in the car, flying down the highway, when I realize I have no change for parking and no cash to make change.

I'm 12 minutes late, but what can I do at this point. I sat in class and laugh about the wildness of my morning, of how on every other day I manage to get up at 5am just fine, but today I get a bit of a sleep-in by accident and everything's out of whack.

And that parking ticket. I know it's not going to be a lot of money, but wouldn't it be nice today if, since it's so early in the morning, they just didn't do their rounds. Wouldn't it be nice if they were just gracious and didn't bother checking the meters?

Then it dawned on me: maybe I should pray about this. I believe in a loving God, in a God who likes to bless in both BIG and small ways and while this was definitely small, it still mattered to me, and because of that I believe it mattered to Him.

read the rest of the story here!



1 comment:

  1. I love this post Allie! Such a great message. So true and necessary to remind ourselves of His faithfulness, and that it wont change! I love how you trusted him enough to prevent the ticket, but even more in spite of an outcome different to what you wanted!

    Keep it up girl.
    Gillian

    ReplyDelete

thanks for reading! leave sweet comments here! i appreciate them so so much!